Date(s) - 01/05/2019 - 03/23/2019
12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
T. SCHREIBER STUDIO & THEATRE
Ages 8-11 12-16
For any questions Call 212-741-0209
- Introduction to acting through exercises in a safe and fun environment
- Solid acting foundation through Improvisation, Character Development, Scene Work
- Performance skills and how to follow performance instincts
- Confidence and poise, communication skills, script analysis
- How to create a truthful and effective on-camera performance
- Audition technique; how to land the job
Instructor: Jazelle Foster
PER SEMESTER: $595 (10 classes) Scroll down for details of Winter, and Spring Semesters.
Winter Semester: On Camera Audition Technique
January 5 – March 23 (no class Jan 19, Feb16)
- Film/TV acting/audition technique – filmed TV scenes for parents
- Students will work in front of the camera and learn how to make quick, bold choices. A copy of their work on video will be provided as a teaching tool. Build confidence and self-esteem in a small, nurturing class setting as you discover your inner artist and learn how to land the role!
Spring Semester: Performance Skills
March 30 – June 8 (no class April 20, May 25)
- Work on partner scenes for live performance
- Students will immerse themselves into scene work using the skills they have learned throughout the year. Taking direction and working with partners, students will gain the ability and confidence needed for performance. The class will culminate with a final informal showcase of their work.