B It’s all in the research, really. Do keep in mind that initially parents need not spend any money on headshots for their children. A good candid shot of your child will be sufficient for an initial interview; however, if you want to go with a photographer, here are some pointers and some photographer recommendations:
- Find out if the photographer has worked with children.
- Look at his or her book before making the decision to hire.
- Make sure the work environment is compatible with what you want. For instance, does the photographer work in the studio or in natural light?
- Get prices. You don’t need to spend a lot of money. About $300 for a sitting is reasonable, especially since children grow quickly and these shots must be re-done again and again.
- Dee Brian, (212) 591-2098
- Melissa Hamberg, (212) 662-6068
- Glenn Jussen, (212) 268-1340
- Julia Gerace, (203) 922-0191