A: Here is what you should do:
- Audit several teachers’ classes, if possible, to get a feel for them and their individual styles.
- Assess how they speak to children. Are they funny and lively? Does the personality of any one teacher stand out as a good match for your child?
- What are their credentials? Where have they studied and trained?
- Have they done much work with children? (An acting teacher can be a great teacher, but may not speak the language of children.)
- When you have found the perfect teacher, and your child begins to work on a regular basis, you should take a look at the AFTRA-SAG Young Performers’ Handbook.