A: Here’s the basic breakdown:
- Helps to cultivate a career. Does not just book a job.
- Generally has fewer clients than an agent.
- Gives more individual attention.
- While working with a manager, you can freelance with several agents, thereby having access to more auditions.
- Managers generally take a 15% commission off the top.
- Agents are state licensed employment agencies.
- By law, agents cannot take more than a 10% commission. If you only have an agent, you only pay this one commission.
- Can have a small or large number of clients.